September 15, 2006 -- Version 5 for ASP.NET
Software has been converted to
VisualStudio.net 2005 with Master Pages and
now requires .NET 2.0 framework
Incorporated latest version of CuteSoft
editor (Version 5.3)
Redesigned user console to use drop-down
menus instead of tab navigation
Added Auto Response feature where a
newsletter can be sent X days after an
activity. Activities include: joining
a list, clicking any link, clicking a
specific link, viewing a newsletter or
updating their profile.
Added bounce filtering when sending to
ignore people who bounced, email only people
who bounced, or email only those with no
Added delivery format filtering when sending
a newsletter so that only HTML or only TEXT
subscribers can be emailed in a campaign
Added A/B List Splitting option to email odd
versus even subscribers, or Top 50 Percent
versus Bottom 50% subscribers
creating additional users/sub users within
an account they are now assigned to specific
Newsletter Lists and are only notified when
subscribers opt in/opt out/update
subscriptions if they belong to a selected
Added tool to alter delivery format of
subscribers based on list, no views/clicks,
Modified Subscriber Import tool to allow
selecting whether or not to update
name/password, and delivery format when
Added delivery option to relay all messages
when sending to a complete list instead of
writing them to SMTP Express or IIS SMTP
Added support for multi-select list boxes
for demographic data. Use a triple comma
instead of a double comma.
Modified subscriber import utility to allow
concatenating up to 3 fields for the name
field. For example, you can
now concatenate Salutation, First Name,
Lastname. Or First Name, Last Name. Or First
Name, Middle Name, Last Name.
Ability to place people on a new list when
Added a subscriber activity report showing
new subscribers during selected period, who
clicked, and highest lifetime clickers
Added option to view Stats activity log for
a subscriber for all previous newsletters
(Views, clicks, Links clicked)
Added Audit Log to Track history of all
changes made by users/sub users
Added option to embed any dynamic
variable/demographic fields in the subject
Preferences option to add Wrap="hard" to
Text Version of newsletter as well as define
Option to search subscribers by SubscriberID,
Newsletters and Newsletter lists by their
Added Administrator tool to rebuild all
indices in the SQL database
Added Option to insert these dynamic
Added dynamic variable called ##EmailMessageCount##
that inserts the total number of emails sent
in the campaign
Added option to include Newsletter List
Description on opt-in form
Added Option to view Bounces by Domain for
specific send in addition to for all sends
Added option to define how many days in
advance users can schedule newsletters.
Added Option to only allow users to send
during certain hours, Same applies for sub
Links in the executive report are now
displayed as hyperlinks
Reports containing subscribers with an edit
link now open the edit link in a popup
Added option to delete Bounce Reasons in
Added Setup option to notify users if other
users have modified the same newsletter at
the same time
Added a global search feature at the top of
the user console for quick searching
Added Option to make demographic fields
required on opt-in form/members page
Added preference to hide Newsletter List
description on members page
Added administrator setup email notification
option to be notified when disk space drops
below 500 MB. When this happens
eNewsletter Pro stops compiling emails until
sufficient disk space is freed up.
Option to Name newsletter as well as
Added option that automatically sends an
administrative email when an newsletter in
the pending queue has been "approved".
Added Date Created/Modified timestamps to
Newsletters, Newsletter Lists and Users
Added user specific setting to hide bounce
email account when a user is sending a
in admin area users who have recently
performed an activity in the system
Added Results per page drop-down menus on
all View screens in user console to allow
changing record set paging size
Added Option for admin to edit fields in
list format for all users.
Added the executive report to the overall
administration console so administrator can
view reports for any site
Custom newsletter fields can now be used in
the demographic fields of subscribers in
order to handle dynamic content.
Added WYSIWYG editor in preferences to
fields that can be HTML
Added additional operators to query
demographics/send based on demographics to
Added these two fields to Opt in form
Preferences option has been broken into
multiple screen for easier editing
July 8, 2005 -- Version 4 for ASP.NET
Incorporated 3rd party WYSIWYG editor with
many advanced features not available in
Option to specify default width/height of
Ability to create / save custom text fields
at the client level, for use as variables in
messages. Both the variable or text
field data can be inserted through a
drop-down menu on the new WYSIWYG editor.
Ability to preview the number of addresses
being sent to the queue when submitting a
newsletter for delivery.
Added total number of subscribers that will
be emailed when sending the email to the
administrator which notifies them a message
was submitted to the queue.
Ability to change archived/draft status of a
Added check boxes for easy delete of old
newsletters to delete many at one time
editing a subscriber the edit command opens
a new window in order to retain the filtered
new sending option allows you to ignore
people on a specific list such as a
Option to send a newsletter to those who did
not view or did not click on any links in a
Option to view those who did not click or
view a newsletter
Automatically convert all incoming email
addresses to lower case when importing or
Added option to define paging size which
determines the number of records displayed
per page throughout the user administration
Option to delete bounces based on hard,
soft, or combo (auto delete)
Added option that retains a list of bounce
reasons for each bounce. The bounce reasons
can be modified in the Admin Setup area. The
bounce detail can be viewed under
Subscribers-Bounce Detail. It can also be
exported under Tools-Export
added an option to retain a copy of bounces
on the server. You can retain none, all, or
only those that the software did not
Added a "Bounces by domain" report to view
how many bounces are occurring for each
Option to email any report to any email
address after it is created
Added option for each site to define the
message subject for all automated email
messages including those sent when
subscribing, unsubscribing, updating
exporting data, actual demographic field
names are now used instead of
Added site option for monthly report sent on
the first day of each month summarizing the
Added option for monthly report sent to the
overall administrator summarizing users,
subscriber count, and total newsletters that
above report can also be viewed in the admin
Altered the Query Demographic Data option to
allow display of a count in addition to
exporting/viewing the data.
Ability to create a generic salutation
(besides email address) as a substitution in
place of missing name.
Option to create opt-out form that opts out
of single list
automated email reports...added the Total
new subscribers who are still pending.
- If a
newsletter is submitted to queue and admin
is notified, then deleted from queue, admin
is now notified it was deleted
Added option in admin setup area to define
image that appears at the top of the
administration screens and text that appears
at the bottom.
Added option to specify values for the Opt
Out Reason in order to limit people to
specific choices when opting out
Archived newsletters can now be made
available on a web site. The list of
newsletters can be displayed on any web page
is obtained under Newsletter Lists--Display
Added option to place monthly send limit on
Ability to track conversions/acquisitions
a newsletter is sent, the administrator
email now contains information on who
submitted the newsletter and identifies
whether it is the site administrator or a
sub user sending the newsletter
Added Option to block all registrations from
specific domains or specific emails such as
users can now get notifications on
subscribe, update, un-subscribe, daily
report, weekly report, or monthly report
Option for overall administrator to define
Option to automatically extract text from
HTML version of newsletter. This
feature extracts the text but does not fix
May 13, 2004 -- Version 3 for ASP.NET
Program is now multi-threaded and
creates email messages much faster
than previous version.
Monitors disk space and stops
compiling messages if disk has less
than 500MB of free space.
Program continues when free space
engine is now run as a service.
This eliminates the need for the
scheduled tasks in the control panel
and no longer relies on the
administrator password for execution.
Added option to use IIS SMTP Server in
addition to Quicksoft SMTP Express.
Option to use a different bounce
address with each send
Option to set subject line when
Enhanced upload tool that allows
images to be directly embedded in a
newsletter when using the HTML editor.
Images are called using the full URL.
Enhanced editor with the Ability to
insert dynamic fields by selecting
them from a drop-down menu
Option to Browse and find local
newsletter to upload/import
Import page option fixes relative URLs
when importing to prevent broken image
newsletter for validation option which
sends all formats to a single
subscriber for validation purposes
Option to embed a link in the text
version of your newsletter that leads
to a page showing the HTML version.
The stats are fully tracked for this
newsletter. The parameter is called ##HTMLNewsletterURL##
tracking parameters have been changed
to ## rather than <>.
Attachments are now possible for all
Records soft versus hard bounces at
the subscriber level.
Option to force all pending
subscribers to become subscribers
prior to a selected date
Option to resend notice to all pending
subscribers to subscribe
Remove Bulk option now supports
removing people from a single list in
addition to all lists.
Import now does not update all
demographic fields, but only those
Added Newsletter list specific
opt-outs in addition to the global
opt-out. When using ##OptOutURLSingleList##
a person is un-subscribed from that
list only. They are not
un-subscribed from all lists.
Option to import an opt out list from
any type of database
Out list now retains these fields in
the opt-out list to comply with spam
Opt In Method
Allows user to enter a reason why they
Opt-In/ Opt-Out Process
OptionalParameters can now be included
in Opt-in/opt-out messages.
Subscriber Name can now be included in
Confirmation link can now be placed in
Opt-In message using ##OptInLink##
Option to bypass final confirmation
email after opting in. This field can
be set globally in the preferences or
can be set in each form using:
<input type=hidden name="SendSuccessfulOptInMessage"
Added option to hide delivery format
on opt-in form
Added option to Update Subscriptions
if subscriber already exists when a
person attempts to subscribe.
Added list-specific out-outs.
Executive Report now includes number
of subscribers in Text,HTML,AOL
formats, Bounce Email address, total
Option to report on list of
subscribers who clicked a specific
Altered export option to avoid
exporting optional fields if desired.
Added System summary report that is
displayed when you log into the
Option to have daily and weekly
subscriber summary emailed to site
user. Report includes total
subscribers, new subscribers, new
un-subscribes, and a count of
subscribers on each list
Supports advanced searching %,*,
Option to specify from name/from email
in preferences for defaults and
Application now supports creating sub
users within a given user account with
specific tasks assigned. For
example, a sub-user could be created
with permissions to view reports.
Added Preference to decide if a close
button should be present on members
page. This is used if you are
launching the members page in a popup
link now automatically logs in
Added Warning not to use your email on
Setup screen for bounce address
Added warning on drop subscribers tool
that all stats will be lost
Import, software now indicates how
many subscribers already existed and
were therefore updated.
Newsletter selections are now check
boxes instead of multi-selection list
Added field in admin area to store
physical address of customer in
all search fields
Software no longer tracks style sheets
as a click
Software will now track links with
styles applied such as <a
style="text-decoration: none" href="
Sessions are turned off in the
tracking page t.aspx to avoid creating
a cookies. This is necessary to
comply with cookie laws in European
14, 2003 -- Version 2.50
- Expanded optional demographic fields from 10 to 25
- Added support for making each demographic field private or public.
Private fields are for internal use
and cannot be edited by subscribers.
- Added option to reset a particular demographic field to a specific value
- Added chart displaying total views/clicks by day
- Added support for dynamic FROM EMAIL and FROM NAME field. Value
can come from any of the 25 demographic fields.
- Added confirmation to drop subscribers tool
- Added Option to email all who joined after a specific date.
- Option to automatically filter subscribers
against opt-out list when performing
a bulk add
- Increased session length in user console to 3 hours
- Preference to hide "Keep me off all future mailings"
- Preference to allow users to update their email address
- Added note to users that they must save after exiting HTML
- Enhanced password option. When creating a form you can allow
the subscriber to enter a password, specify to use their
IP address, or specify to use a random number.
- Added option to define from name and from email for each newsletter
list. This address and name are then used for auto-responses and
default when proceeding to send a newsletter.
- Total number of subscribers is now displayed when viewing a list
- Added option to view the 'forwards to a friend' by newsletter.
- When importing addresses using the import tool or add bulk
tool a list of bad addresses are now displayed.
- Enhanced navigation when multiple pages of results are returned.
You can now enter the page number and jump directly to that page.
- Added Option to reset bounce column for individual subscriber
- Added option to modify password for individual subscriber
- Added option to add email addresses to opt-out list when filtering
- Added option to export those who bounced 1, 5 or 10 or more times
- Added option to embed <HistoryID> and <SubscriberID> in newsletter
for those who need a unique tracking method
- Added number of bounces to executive report
- Added the total number of unique clicks to the Executive report
as the number of people that have clicked one link in an email;
rather than an aggregate total unique clicks for all links.
- Altered Executive report to show unique rates with/without
- Altered export tool to support
.CSV file format
- Tool to export subscribers returned for a demographic query
- Add timestamp to record date/time when a subscriber updates
their profile. (update either internally by admin via
the user interface or via the web
- Added an option to automatically delete all addresses after
a specific number of bounces. These addresses are then logged
in the opt-out list.
- Added separate dynamic field for UNSUBSCRIBE only. This is
<OptOutURL2> and shows only the form for opting out. It does
not display the form to update
- Created simple UNSUBSCRIBE form that asks only for email address
- IP Address and Opt-In method are now stored each time a person
subscribes. Opt-in methods include Admin: Add Bulk, Admin: Bulk
Import, Admin: Add new, User Subscribed.
- Shortened links a bit by changing SubscriberID to SI, UpdateSettings
to US, Email to E, OptOut to OO, OptOut2 to OO2, etc.
- Added option to send a newsletter to multiple lists
- Added option to specify stylesheet for members.asp
- Fixed auto-response feature so it does not send draft
- Fixed AOL link in help and web site
- Fixed bug in admin console regarding pending sends with a
- Altered members2.asp so it only displays delivery formats
that have been specified for each list.
- Add Trailing Slash to URL if not present to prevent invalid URL
11, 2002 -- Version 2.10
Built-in HTML Editor
- Option to specify page size for reports
- Option to delete dead subscribers
- Add report displaying subscribers BY DAY
- Add report displaying unsubscribes BY DAY
- Option to import newsletter from a web page
- Option to automatically filter opt-outs when importing
- Allow forward to a friend even if you are not subscribed
- Option to reset the statistics to zero
- Option to display reports in excel
- Option to display nothing instead of Name when name field is blank
to display who clicks on forward to a friend
to search pending subscribers
- Option to email subset
of subscribers based on clicks on links
- IP Address is used as initial password to monitor
- Option to export pending subscribers,
forward to a friend list, and opt out list
- Made all email addresses in program a mailto link
- Added copy function to copy/duplicate a newsletter
- Fixed bug of paging when deleting more than exists for next page
- Replace Chr(10) with vbCRLF.
Some mail systems reject messages
that contain only a Line Feed.
- When clicking View/All subscribers, don't display until
a list has been selected.
- Option to embed optional fields in links has been fixed
- Added error trap for missing body tag/no <html> tag
- Added trap for encoded <
(%3c) and > (%3e)
- Added better email verification when importing names
24, 2002 -- Version 2.01
- Added extra security for cross-site scripting. All output is written using Server.HTMLEncode to avoid malicous scripting
- Added option to transfer subscribers from one list to another.
For example, all subscribers on one
list can now be assigned to another
option to remove all subscribers from a
- Added Support for SubscriberEmail in Subject
- Added option to email all subscribers on all lists for promotional purposes
- On Bulk Import, added trap to make sure list is selected.
- Added text to make it clear that a list must be selected in order to import.
- Made Headers
in newsletter Un-identifiable (Changed from
- Add support for passing username/password to mail component
- Add support for different Character Sets (default is US-ASCII)
- Added Preview AOL Version to View Newsletters
- Added totals to the site stats within the admin area
support for Date, DateTime, and Time in message body
- Added Option to Send email notification when subscriber modifies their account
- Moved hidden form fields in opt-in form to end of form to prevent HTML editors from modifying hidden fields.
- Added support for bypassing opt-in confirmation
- Updated bounces.asp to prevent timeout for deleting from large lists
over 500,000 subscribers
bug in Bounce Tracking whereby
messages were not delivered to bounce
bug where Optional Parameters were not
included when sending single message
bug with excel import when a field
name contained a space
which affected scheduling
a bug in send.asp regarding the
forward to a friend feature. HTML docs
that had a <body.... tag did not
display the friends message.
|May 08, 2002 --
Initial Release of Enterprise Version